Friday 22 December 2017

My Most Anticipated Books of 2018

What's this?

Am I actually writing a blog post again?

It's a shock I know but hey, I'm planning on properly doing this now. I've realised that if I'm gonna do this, I need to do it properly. So I'll finally be writing non-review posts regularly as well as talking about non-book things occasionally.

And what better thing to start myself off with then by talking about the books I'm most excited about next year? I'm going to try and focus on standalone novels or the starts of new series rather than sequels.



Oh and the release dates I'll be posting will be the ones from Amazon UK due to that being from when I can get my hands on them! Thought I'd do a favour for my fellow British readers~



To start us off we have:


Reign the Earth by A.C Gaughen

Publisher: Bloomsbury
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: 30th January 2018
Buy Link : Amazon UK

So I stumbled upon this book via GoodReads recommendations earlier in the year and it just grabbed me. I love books with elemental magic as it is and the idea of an elemental stumbling on her powers just as she's going to rule a country where magic is banned? Yeah, I need this.

This is another one of many emerging fantasy books that focus on a desert people so I'm excited about the diverse cast and the interesting belief systems that we should see in this book.

Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston


Publisher: Balzer & Bray/Harperteen
Genre: YA Sci-Fi
Release Date: 27th February 2018
Buy Link : Amazon UK

So you may have heard of Ashley Poston for her book Geekerella. It's a contemporary novel with a fangirl MC. It's not my sort of thing but Heart of Iron? Man, this seems cool.It revolves around a girl who was found floating in space by a spaceship crew. Now a teenager she races to trace the coordinates of a lost ship only for a spoilt rich boy to beat her to them. The two wind up running together as fugitives and it sounds like a lot of fun.

This was a book I only found out about recently but it's one I really need.

Aftermath by Kelley Armstrong

Publisher: Atom
Genre: YA Thriller
Release Date: 5th April 2018
Buy Link : Amazon UK

I'll be honest and say I hadn't actually heard about this book until I was creating this list. But Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite authors. I was already excited about some sequels coming out by her next year but this one? Man, she's dealing with some complicated stuff and that's good.

Aftermath follows the sister of a school shooter and her best friend as they try to deal with what happened. As they do this they wind up stumbling in the past of another killer and I'm betting they'll try to solve this case. I trust Kelley Armstrong to deal with the school shooting aspect well and I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

Last but not least I shall leave you with my most anticipated book of 2018!

Drum roll, please!

Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh

Publisher: Razorbill
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: 1st February 2018
Buy Link : Amazon UK

This is a book that I discovered during one of the BBTC chats on Twitter. They're an incredibly fun group chat with authors run by Brittany of @Bbookrambles on Twitter. So make sure you check her out too!

Reign of the Fallen is about a young necromancer, Odessa, who raises her kingdom's ruling dead. This is something that has to be done carefully as otherwise, the dead will become grotesque things known as Shades. A dramatic increase in Shades and the death of someone close to Odessa reveals that something bad is going on and she has to deal with it.

Doesn't that sound so damn awesome! Like it twists the necromancy of something like Sabriel with a more typical fantasy book and throws in many queer characters. The novel is said to have an LGBTQA+ romance at heart and I want you to all know how excited I am about this. Seriously, a bisexual female lead just makes me happy on its own.

As well as this Sarah is such a lovely person herself. Before talking to her I only kind of wanted to read the book but after talking to her about her book and generally. Well, let's just say I've already pre-ordered the book.

There's a lot of other books I want as well as these four of course but I wanted to keep the list short. So please, check them out and let me know what books you want to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment