Saturday 3 June 2017

Armchair Book Expo: In Search Of...

Oh god, this is the last post for the Armchair Book Expo and I thought the post on diversity was hard. Well, it was, but this is in a different way. Today I'm talking about what books I'm in search of and my first thought was what the hell am I supposed to talk about?


I will read almost anything out there and since any new books I get now have to go into my book box, I don't even know what I'll feel like reading when I get to them. I don't even know what I feel like reading now, I just know that I should be reading fantasy.

So on that note, I'm going to ask people to recommend me fantasy books that came out no earlier than January 2016 up to and including books that aren't out yet. If they're a series then book 1 must have come out during this time. I prefer YA fantasy but will read adult fantasy too provided that it's a female protagonist or a gay male because those are the two protagonist slots in my book.

Books I've Read and Am Reading from this period:

  • Flame in the Mist by - Renee Adhieh
  • Song of the Current - Sarah Tolscer
  • Caraval - Stephanie Gerber
  • Hunted - Meagan Spooner
  • Heartless - Marissa Meyer
  • Truthwitch - Susan Dennard

If you have any recommendations for me that could help keep me in the fantasy mood for writing then I'd be super grateful.

I'm someone who is always giving me book recommendations myself so if you want any, please feel free to comment with your requests below, along with any recommendations for me. The problem for me is I'm not usually looking for anything specific unless I'm reading to keep within a genre I'm writing and then I tend to read books from other genres as well. I really love getting book recommendations but as they're something I don't get often, I'd really be grateful for any and all ;).

2 comments:

  1. I loved Caraval! I seriously cannot wait for book two! Thank you for sharing. Happy ABEA!
    Gabriella
    Gabriella M Reads
    My Armchair BEA post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My recommendation would be Spectacle by Rachel Vincent, this is the second book in the Menagerie series. But the first book was released in 2015 so you might have read that one already :)

    ReplyDelete